Last Updated: October 09, 2023
Important: Please make sure you have read these terms and conditions (‘Terms’) carefully before using the mobile application service (‘Service’) operated by Tappy Technologies Ltd (‘Service Provider’) for IndusInd Bank (‘Bank’) Wearable. These Terms govern the use of the Service and Wearable. By accessing the Service or using the Wearable, you are unconditionally accepting the terms and conditions listed hereunder. These Terms shall be in addition to any other terms as stipulated by Bank from time to time.
- “Wearable” refers to the contactless wearable devices such as smart watches, Watch Clasp, wrist bands, stickers, key chains, rings and in any other forms provided by Bank to an account holder. customers can use these Wearables to make contactless transactions up to the limits defined by the regulator from time to time.
- “Indus PayWear” is an application developed by Tappy Technologies Ltd (Service Provider) for setting up the debit/credit card issued by the Bank for making payments at Merchant outlets using Wearable and for various other facilities as may be provided from time to time.
- “Bank Account” is current or savings bank account (designated by Wearable holder), to which all the amounts authorized by the Wearable holder are to be debited.
The Service provided by Tappy Technologies enables users to tokenize eligible Bank debit/credit card and securely store the tokenized information on Wearable. This allows for convenient and secure contactless payment transactions using the Wearable.
You are required to create an account to use the Service. You must provide accurate and complete information during the registration process. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account credentials and for all activities that occur under your account.
Compliance with Laws:
You agree to use the Service in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards related to the protection of personal and financial data. You shall not use the Service for any illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized purposes.
Consent and Authorization:
By using the Service, you consent to the collection, processing, and transmission of your payment card tokenization data as necessary to provide the requested services. You authorize the Service to access and use your payment card information for tokenization purposes.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your wearables and taking necessary precautions to prevent unauthorized access to your payment card tokenization data. You must promptly report any unauthorized access or suspected security breaches related to the Service.
Payment Card Tokenization:
By using the Service, you authorize Tappy Technologies to tokenize and securely transmit your payment card information. This allows for the use of your payment cards on the supported wearables for payment transactions. Tappy Technologies employs industry-standard security measures to protect your payment card data.
Data Collection and Privacy:
You understand and agree that any payment transactions conducted using the wearables linked through the Service will be authorized by you. Tappy Technologies and the Service shall not be held liable for any unauthorized transactions or misuse of your wearables.
When using the Service, you agree not to engage in any activities that are unlawful, fraudulent, or violate these Terms. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, unauthorized access, distribution of malware, reverse engineering, or any action that may disrupt the Service’s functionality or compromise its security.
The Service and any associated software, content, and materials are protected by intellectual property rights. You agree not to modify, distribute, reproduce, or create derivative works based on the Service without prior written permission from Tappy Technologies.
Limitation of Liability:
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Tappy Technologies and its affiliates shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with the use or inability to use the Service or the wearables, including but not limited to loss of data, loss of profits, or any other damages.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will try to provide at least 30 days prior notice to any new Terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
The Wearables can be issued to the Customers holding the Bank account either as an additional Debit Card or a tokenized version of the existing Debit Card. The wearables are issued only upon the request of the customer after obtaining explicit consent of the customer via multiple offline/online modes including physical form filling, web module, Voice consent on recorded line or any other modes as applicable. The Wearable issued by the Bank can be used for transactions including making payment for purchases made/services availed at Merchant outlets that support NFC capable POS machines.
- Transaction fees including Tax collection at source, wherever applicable on the Debit card set up on Wearable, will be debited from the customer’s Bank account.
- Issuance Fee for new Wearable & Annual Maintenance Fee for the Wearable would be levied by Bank, which would be directly debited from the customer’s Bank Account at time of wearable issuance & annually on an anniversary respectively as per Schedule of Charges as notified at https://www.indusind.com/in/en/personal/schedule-of-charges.html
- The Fees charged would be non – refundable.
- In the event of insufficient funds in the account to recover the fee, the Bank is authorized to mark a lien in customerís account for the full or partial amount of Wearable fee and recover the fee on availability of the funds. Customers will only be able to utilize the residual balance, if any, till such time the lien continues in the account.
Terms of Usage:
- Transaction Eligibility & Limits
- The Bank reserves the right to limit the minimum/maximum amount, which may be transacted per day by the use of the Wearable and any such limits, would be subject to the availability of balance in the Bank Account. The daily maximum transaction limits of the linked Debit Card shall apply to the Wearable by default. The Bank is not liable for any issues with the goods/ services provided by the merchant outlet but not limited to defects, delay in delivery, poor quality and any such dispute should be settled between the merchant and the customer.
- The Bank reserves the right to decline any transaction which does not fall under the authorized list of transactions for the type of Bank Account and the linked Debit Card provided to the customer or in case the payment limits as applicable to the card are breached.
- The Bank will send the Wearable to the customer through separate couriers or any other mode of delivery. Customer should verify that the courier received is not in torn/open/mutilated condition. In case of receipt of the courier package in torn/mutilated/open condition, customer should immediately inform the Bank either by visiting the nearest branch/ through phone Banking.
- Customer to take a note that any loss financially or otherwise with respect to the use or possession of the Wearable is the sole responsibility of the customer or user and Bank shall not be held liable under any circumstances.
- The Bank may send the Wearable, important notifications and other relevant items at the customerís mailing address, email or mobile number as maintained in the Bank’s records or via In-app notifications. Hence customer will need to promptly notify the Bank of any change of mailing address, email address or mobile number. The Bank will not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience that may be caused to the customer due to loss, damage, failure or wrong delivery of such items due to the non- intimation of change in mailing address by the customer.
- Wearable Security
- The customer authorizes the Bank to carry out any transactions on Wearables using Near Field Communication Technology up to the maximum threshold set by regulator from time to time without inserting PIN for authentication/authorization. For transactions above maximum threshold which is set as INR 5000/- by regulator currently, the customer authorizes the bank to carry out the transactions authenticated using the PIN and the Bank has no liability/ obligation to authenticate the transactions initiated through the Wearable using the correct PIN.
- Customer shall be solely responsible and shall take all the steps to ensure the safe keeping the Wearable and the confidentiality of the card PIN linked with the Wearable and login credentials of the Indus PayWear Application. In the event of Account closure/ Card closure/ Card Surrender/ Wearable surrender/ Wearable closure- Customers should not handover the Wearable to any person other than designated Bank official within the Bank branch premise.
- Customer should keep the wearable away from POS machine at the minimum distance of 10 cm to avoid unauthorized transactions. Please temporarily block the wearable if not using it and the same can be unblocked easily by using temporary block/unblock wearable option in Indus PayWear app. Bank will not be liable for any unauthorized transaction.
- Wearable Loss/ Fraud
- Customer is advised to notify the Bank in case any of the following events occur
- Loss or theft of the Wearable
- Knowledge about an un-authorized transaction on the Wearable. The customer will need to immediately suspend/delete the token of linked card through Net banking/mobile banking/ PayWear Application and block the Wearable. The blocking/unblocking Wearable options will be made available to customers via the following modes
- Using Indus PayWear app for Wearables to temporarily/ permanently Block Token
- Using Bank’s Mobile Banking application under Manage Token Section
- Using Bank’s Net Banking application under Manage Token Section <under development>
- By calling Bank’s Contact center
- The Bank will not be liable for any fraudulent transaction/misuse of the Wearable arising out of misplacement of the Wearable/ Wearable falling into wrong hands/ misuse of stolen Wearable prior to being reported as stolen/ lost by the customer to the Bank.
- In case the customer informs the Bank regarding Loss or Theft of his Wearable, a fresh Wearable can be issued, subject to payment of charges, as applicable by the Bank on customer’s request and sent to the registered address of the customer.
- Customer can also request the Bank in writing to terminate/Cancel the Wearable. The subsequent Wearable annual fee will stop getting levied for the particular Wearable if the customer surrenders/cancel the Wearable or report loss of Wearable.
- In the event of Account closure, the customer shall return the Wearable to the Bank. The Bank will not be responsible for any loss sustained by the customer on account of loss of such Wearable.
- The Wearable does not expire and comes with a lifetime validity. However, the Debit Card added on Wearable will have expiry as per Debit Card T&Cs. The customer will need to add/set up such fresh/replaced/renewed Debit card to continue using the Wearable.
- The Wearable will be blocked by the Bank if the bank is not able to recover the annual fee on Wearable due to low balance on account. Wearable shall be unblocked for further usage post successful recovery of due annual fee from customer’s account.
General Terms and holder’s obligation:
- The Wearable issued to the customer is the property of the Bank and the Bank reserves the right at its sole discretion to:
- Include new benefits/ exclude some existing benefits from the Wearable at any point of time.
- Modify/alter/Terminate/ discontinue the Wearable/Indus PayWear assigned to the customer, with prior intimation to the customer.
- The issue and use of the Wearable shall be subject to the Applicable laws, rules and regulatory guidelines in force from time to time.
- The Wearable is not transferable or assignable by the customer/user under any circumstance.
- The Customer shall at all times endeavor that the Wearable is maintained in good condition and does not get damaged due to improper handling of the same.
- You must not permit any other person to use it and should safeguard the Wearable from misuse by retaining the Wearable under your personal control at all times.
- Any dispute relating to the Wearable or Indus PayWear program or the terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai only.
- Bank hereby agrees to provide warranty of 6 months from the date of purchase of Wearable by the customer for manufacturing defects only.
- The Bank is not responsible/liable for the failure of any transactions made at merchant establishments due to any reason whatsoever or is unable to avail any facility mentioned herein. The Bank is not responsible for the refusal of any merchant to accept or honor the wearable, nor shall it be responsible in any respect for the goods or services supplied to the Wearable holder. The Wearable holder shall handle or resolve all claims or disputes directly with such establishments and no claim by the Wearable holder against the merchant is subject to a set off or counterclaim against the Bank. The Wearable holder will collect the Wearable holder’s copy of the transaction receipt from merchant and will preserve the same for his/her personal record. The Bank, at its discretion, will approve/reject any debit card transactions initiated by Wearable.
- Tokenization FLAG on card must be enabled by customer via Net banking/Mobile banking application for any transaction to be done on the respective card through Wearable.
- The Wearable will be provided to selected card holders only. Indus PayWear App is compatible for wearable setup only for android phones that support NFC. iOS users might not be able to setup the wearable due to technical limitations. Specifications to check Indus PayWear compatibility on phone and support to identify NFC reader or antenna placement can be viewed at www.indusind.com/wearables.